17 Empowering Beliefs to Change Your Life
Your thoughts frame your experiences and provide context. A negative mindset will keep you from seeing obstacles and setbacks as opportunities. Re-train your mind to look at things in a different light. You might be surprised at how differently the world looks when you fold these empowering beliefs into your daily life.
Empowering Beliefs for Happiness
- I understand my potential. When you truly believe in your own potential, nothing can stand in your way. Look forward every day to the things you can accomplish!
- I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like a warm blanket or a cold glass of water. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
- I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Losing out on one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
- I find meaning in adversity. Tough times can be the most rewarding phase of your life. Claim the empowering belief that you can emerge from any challenge with greater wisdom and courage. Look back at the obstacles you’ve already overcome, and reassure yourself that you can handle what’s ahead.
- I refuse to regret. Everyone makes mistakes. Stop dwelling on past faults. They will do nothing weigh you down!
- I embrace change. Accept that life is a series of changes. Focus on the present moment, and prepare yourself to adapt to whatever circumstances come your way.
- I dream big. Expand your wish list. Setting demanding but attainable goals gives you adventures to look forward to each day.
- I practice forgiveness. Lighten your load by clearing away any resentment you’re holding onto from the past. Set reasonable boundaries while you respond with compassion when others disappoint you. Most of all, learn to forgive yourself.
- I give generously. Sharing your blessings makes you more powerful and joyful. Volunteer in your community and speak kindly to each person you meet today. Buy coffee for your co-workers or give your receptionist a flower.
Empowering Beliefs to Succeed
- I take responsibility. You are in charge of your life. Hold yourself accountable for the outcomes you create. Celebrate the fact that you have the power to determine your own future.
- I apply effort. Figure out your definition of success so you know for what you are striving. Give yourself credit for the progress you have made rather than comparing yourself to others.
- I leverage my strengths. You have your own individual strengths from which you can draw. Figure out what you’re good at and what you want to do. Let that knowledge guide your choices.
- I listen to feedback. Ask for feedback so you can enhance your performance and show others that you respect their point of view. You grow faster when you gather solid input that you can translate into action.
- I ask for help. Expand your capabilities by building a sturdy support network. Enlisting the help of others can get you to your goals much more quickly.
- I connect with others. Moral support counts too. Surround yourself with loving and encouraging family and friends. Join a club with members who share your interests and passions.
- I recognize opportunities. Stay alert for promising openings. You may meet a new friend while you’re standing in line to buy your morning coffee.
- I try new things. Be open to experimentation. Go kayaking one weekend or learn to play an instrument. Bake your own bread or knit a scarf. You may discover hidden talents.
An upbeat attitude increases your happiness and productivity. Question your old assumptions so you can replace them with a new sense of certainty about yourself and your future. Adopt empowering beliefs that build up your confidence and prepare you for greater success. Start today. You’ll be glad you did!