Life becomes easier and a lot more fun when you can easily charm people and win them over. It helps you reach your goals and saves a lot of time and effort. While there are some people out there who are naturals at making friends, and influencing people, for most of us it’s a learned skill.
Here are ten tips to help you accomplish just that. They are some tips to win people over and making friends. They can be used in your personal life, but also at work or school. Give them a try and make them part of your personality and how you interact with others. Some of them may seem very simple but don’t let that deceive you. Each and every tip on this list is a powerful tool.
- Smile and make eye contact.
- Be genuine. It’s too easy to spot when you’re faking it for your own benefit.
- Listen and observe. You’ll learn a lot about other people that way.
- Be aware of your body language. It speaks louder than your words. Be open and inviting.
- Check your attitude and adjust as needed. Fake it till you feel it.
- Pay attention to details and use the other person’s name frequently.
- Stay in touch and don’t be afraid to share something about yourself.
- Find common ground in conflicts and at the start of new relationships.
- It’s a team effort. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Focus on what’s in it for them.
I recommend you work through this list one tip at a time. Start with the one that seems easiest, or most interesting. When it becomes a habit, move on to the next tip. Keep working your way through the list, learning and continuing to practice each tip or skill as you go along.
It won’t take long before you start to notice a positive change in the way you interact with people and more importantly how they respond to you. Keep working at it and it won’t take you long to become the charming people person you’ve always wanted to be. Above all, have fun and put these tips and new-found skills to use to win people over you never thought possible. You’ll be glad you did as your life changes for the better.