I made the viral Erehwon Coconut Cloud Smoothie and I loved it!
I have an obsession with cafe at home TikTok accounts. They are so incredibly calming, with the pours of coffee, fluffy milks, and pretty swirls of syrup. So when I kept seeing a smoothie that looked like pretty blue sky complete with clouds come up over and over again on my for you page, I had to make it for myself.
What is the coconut cloud smoothie?
The coconut cloud smoothie is a gorgeous blue and white swirled smoothie from LA’s organic, local, sustainable grocery store Erehwon. Think of Whole Foods but fancier, and even more luxurious. It’s the kind of grocery store where you go to be seen, if you know what I mean. Anyway, they partnered up with influencer Marianna Hewitt and made this insanely popular coconut cloud smoothie that goes for $17. It’s expensive and kind of a status symbol smoothie if you can believe that such a thing exists. What a world we live in!
How does it taste?
It actually tastes amazing! It’s creamy, fruity, filling, and not too sweet with a hint of vanilla. If you love smoothies, you’ll love this one. It’s full of collagen and spirulina for health. Collagen helps with joints and skin and spirulina helps stimulate the immune system and boosts energy. This smoothie is a thick one and I am here for it.
What is in the coconut cloud smoothie?
When you go to Erehwon there’s a sign that tells you exactly what is in the coconut cloud smoothie:
- MALK vanilla almond milk. They use MALK brand vanilla almond milk at Erehwon but you can use any almond milk you like.
- Coconut cream. Thick coconut cream is key here, placing it in the fridge overnight helps it whip up thick and creamy. Make sure you get coconut cream, not coconut milk.
- Avocado. Frozen avocado adds healthy fats and creaminess.
- Almond butter. Almond butter adds a hint of nuttiness and protein.
- Banana. Essential in all smoothies to add sweetness and heft. Make sure you freeze your banana!
- Blue Majik spirulina. Spirulina is what makes this smoothie so amazingly blue. It’s a superfood that you’ve probably seen green before but the blue version is beautiful. A little goes a long way!
- Pineapple. Frozen pineapple chunks are amazing, they add tartness and sweetness.
- Vanilla collagen. Collagen will help with your joints and skin. Available online.
- Vanilla stevia. You can use regular sweetener, but this will add an extra bit of vanilla flavor. If you don’t have vanilla stevia, just go with your sweetener of choice plus vanilla extract.
How to make the coconut cloud smoothie
- Prep. You’ll want to pop your coconut cream in the fridge overnight and make sure to freeze your avocado, banana, and pineapple. Cutting, then freezing the fruit will make sure that your smoothie is thick and creamy without using ice.
- Whip. The next day, whip up the coconut cream until fluffy. You can use a whisk or a coffee frother. Spoon a bit of the coconut cream into the bottom of your glass and reserve a bit for topping off your smoothie.
- Streak. Add a generous sprinkle of blue majik siprulina around the inside of the glass and set aside.
- Blend. To a blender, add the almond milk and the remaining coconut cream along with the frozen avocado, banana, pineapple, almond butter, collagen, vanilla extract, blue majik, and sweetener to taste. Blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour. Pour the smoothie into the prepared glass then top with the remaining coconut cream. Enjoy!
- Almond milk: can be substituted for any milk or milk alternative.
- Coconut cream: You can use vanilla coconut yogurt and not whip it.
- Almond butter: any nut butter can be substituted.
- Vanilla collagen: if you’re not looking for the heath benefits of collagen you can leave this out.
- Blue spirulina: unfortunately there’s no substitute for this, if you want the coconut cloud smoothie, this is a must buy. The package is tiny but you really only need a tiny bit. If you go to a heath food store, they might sell tiny individual packages too.
Alright, that was a lot about just a smoothie. I hope you give this smoothie a try if you’re not in LA and you’re dreaming of blue skies!
- 1/4 cup coconut cream cold
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 avocado frozen
- 1/2 banana frozen
- 1/4 cup pineapple frozen
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp blue majik spirulina plus extra
- vanilla stevia or other sweetener, to taste
Coconut Cloud Smoothie
Amount Per Serving
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 14g88%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.