If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish, air fryer mushrooms are here for you.
Buttery, garlicky, sautéed mushrooms done right in the air fryer. Quick, easy, and full of flavor and texture. Sometimes I’ll make a big batch and snack on these. Sometimes I’ll even eat them as a meal. Garlicky mushrooms are pure comfort food: tender and juicy little pops of umami.
How to make air fryer mushrooms
- Clean and trim. Clean and trim your mushrooms, being sure that they don’t get too soggy. Cut them in half and dry them off.
- Toss. Mix up some oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder and toss in the mushrooms.
- Air fry. Heat the air fryer and when it’s hot, add the mushrooms and air fry, for 8-10 minutes, tossing or shaking in between.
- Enjoy. If desired, toss in a bit of butter and freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
- mushrooms – clean, trim, and halve your mushrooms of choice.
- soy sauce – soy sauce adds a bit of color and a whole lot of umami.
- garlic powder – fresh chopped garlic can burn in the air fryer so we’re going to use dehydrated garlic to give us that garlicky flavor we need.
How to clean mushrooms
Try to pick out mushrooms that are smooth and clean in the first place. I don’t like washing mushrooms because they get discolored easily. I pick out the cleanest mushrooms then brush them gently with a wet or dry mushroom brush/paper towel. If you want to wash your mushrooms, the best way to do it is to spray them and dry in a salad spinner. Clean them right before you’re going to use them.
- Put the whole mushrooms in a salad spinner and spray until visible dirt is removed – don’t soak them!
- Spin the mushrooms dry and use a paper towel to absorb any extra water on the surface.
- Trim the bottoms and cut in half.
Which mushrooms for air fryer mushrooms?
I love how many varieties of mushrooms there are out there! To keep it simple I used crimini/brown mushrooms but you can also go with:
- white button mushrooms
- portobella mushrooms
- shiitake mushrooms
- oyster mushrooms
- enoki mushrooms
- king trumpet/oyster mushrooms
- maitake mushrooms
- shimeji mushrooms
Using a mix of mushrooms is incredibly elegant and really makes air fried mushrooms feel fancy. Serve them up with some homemade sourdough, high quality butter, and flaky sea salt for an easy yet impressive appetizer.
What air fryer do you have?
If you’re wondering which kind of air-fryer we have, it’s this style. It’s quiet and easy to clean and fairly wide. We love it.
What to serve with air fryer mushrooms
Air Fryer Mushrooms
Buttery, garlicky, sautéed mushrooms done right in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.