I’m forever looking for ways to improve my egg game and I think these air fryer eggs just did it! I LOVE eggs. Fried, boiled, jammy, sous voided, scrambled, give me all the eggs, all the time.
I recently came across an amazing way to make boiled eggs, no water required. Inspired by people who hard boil bake their eggs, I thought to myself, why not air fry? I haven’t tried hard boiling eggs in the oven, but an air fryer is like a mini oven and you don’t need to preheat it so I figured it was a win.
My life is CHANGED. No more waiting for water to boil and the eggs crack perfectly every time. No water, just eggs and an air fryer. We use our air fryer for so many things: fried chicken, tacos, steak, bacon, I guess it was just a matter of time until we used it for eggs too. It couldn’t be simpler, just put your eggs straight from the fridge into the air fryer basket, set it, then forget it. When the air fryer timer goes off, plunge the eggs into an ice bath or cold water, peel and you’re in egg heaven. I’ve done them at all different times and I love them most at medium, which is what I like to use in egg salad and as a snack.
How to make air fryer eggs
- Place cold eggs into the air fryer basket.
- Cook them for 9-15 minutes depending on your yolk preference at 250°F.
- Plunge immediately into cold water or an ice bath.
- Peel and enjoy.
How many eggs can I make in an air fryer?
As many as you want! You can make one, or up to 6. Just give the eggs a little bit of room between them so they have enough heat circulation so they’re evenly cooked.
How do you like your eggs?
How long to air fry eggs
- Soft boiled: For just set whites and a very runny yolk you need 9 minutes at 270°F.
- Medium boiled: For medium boiled eggs medium firm whites and a jammy yolk you need 10 minutes at 270°F.
- Hard boiled: For hard boiled eggs with firm whites and a fully set not chalky yolk you need 13 minutes at 270°F.
- Make sure you use eggs straight from the fridge so they cook evenly.
- Plunge the eggs in an ice bath to stop them from cooking.
- Crack them on the fat end then roll them around and peel.
Every air fryer is different
Be sure to experiment with cook times because each air fryer is a different size with a different wattage and even how many eggs you place in the basket will affect the cook time. Give one or two eggs a try at first, hone in the timing, then go to town and meal prep ALL THE EGGS.
Don’t have an air fryer but have an instant pot?
How to eat boiled eggs
Boiled eggs are the perfect snack. Full of protein, filling, flavorful, quick and easy. I like them with:
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- topped with freshly chopped herbs
- drizzled with chili oil
- topped with everything bagel spice
- topped with pesto
- sprinkled with bacon bits
- sprinkled with furikake
Recipes that use boiled eggs
Air fryer eggs
Perfect eggs every time in the air fryer, faster than boiling because you don’t need to wait for the water.
Place the eggs, straight from the fridge into the air fryer basket, leaving space between the eggs. Air fry at 250°F for 9-13 minutes depending on how you want your yolks done.Soft – 9 minutesJammy – 10 minutesMedium – 11 minutesHard – 13 minutes
- When the time is up, plunge into cold water or an ice bath to stop the cooking, then when cool enough to handle, peel and enjoy.
Estimated nutrition based on 1 large egg.
Air fryer eggs
Amount Per Serving
Calories 78 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.6g10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.