Mandarin Orange Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
Light, refreshing Mandarin Orange Cake with heavenly clouds of pineapple whipped topping transforms a simple boxed cake mix into a wow-worthy tropical dessert!
If you’re looking for more easy dessert recipes full of bright flavor, you’re sure to love our delightful Glazed Lemon Brownies, Orange Dreamsicle Jello Poke Cake, Lemon Cool Whip Cookies, and fan-favorite No-Bake Lemonade Pie.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
What is a “Pig Pickin cake?
“Pig Pickin” cake got its moniker for being the expected dessert dish at a southern pig roast. This light and fluffy tropical dessert cake is as much of southern tradition as cornbread, pecan pie, and sweet tea! A “pig pickin’” is a time-honored southern social event steeped in tradition and exalted by many! North Carolina Governor, Bob Scott, went so far as to declare NC the “Pig Pickin’ Capital of the World” in 1972!
Why A Mandarin Orange Cake Is A Crowd-Pleaser!
Mandarin orange cake, aka pig pickin’ cake, is a much-beloved addition at picnics, backyard BBQs, and social get-togethers. Especially after enjoying a sumptuous outlay of hearty dishes!
- Flavorful – Bursting with sweet citrus flavor and topped with a cloud of pineapple whipped topping.
- Refreshing – A chilled pineapple orange cake is an extra treat served out of doors on a warm, sunny day.
- Time-Saving – Orange pineapple cake can be made ahead and refrigerated. (It’s even better the next day!)
- Easy – A simple 5 minutes, one-step, “throw together” mix-and-bake orange cake recipe.
- Convenient – Quick prep using a boxed cake mix, instant pudding, and canned fruit.
The post Mandarin Orange Cake With Boxed Cake Mix appeared first on TidyMom®.