Last Updated on October 12, 2022 by Luke Feldbrugge
Finding the best EMS discounts, at first glance, is pretty easy. Lots of companies offer them. Sometimes they are discounts for first responders, and that’s great, but others are just for firefighters or police officers. It can take some digging to find the best EMS deals for both a Paramedic and EMT on exclusive offers. We tried to narrow the field for you.
Alphabetical lists are so boring, so we are starting with the immediate needs: Food, clothing, housing. Then we will investigate some of the personal growth discounts and then the luxuries.
Many of the following discounts require a third party verification service, so setting up an id.me account is worth it. Take a minute to register with a site where you can do this once and be done with it.
EMS Discounts on Food
- Firehouse Subs has strong ties to the first responder community, but they are not just for firefighters. EMS professionals can receive a free drink with the purchase of a meal. The company also donates a portion of each sale to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, which provides lifesaving equipment to first responders.
- Texas de Brazil has 15% discounts for EMS workers and first responders.
- Blue Apron gives first responders $110 off the first 5 boxes of meal kits.
- Chevys and other XRG restaurants provide a 20% discount off meals for first responders. Their other restaurants include El Torito, El Torito Grill, Las Brisas, Acapulco, Who Song & Larry’s, Sol and Solita.
- America’s Dog and Burger offers 50% off to all first responders and EMTs on the first Monday of the month.
- Cumberland Farms gives hot or iced coffee free for EMS personnel each time they visit. All you need to do is state your profession at checkout.
- El Pollo Loco offers a 15% discount to first responders on their order. Just request the discount before you pay, and show your ID if you are not in uniform.
- Home Chef gives EMS workers 50% off their first order from their meal delivery service.
- Krispy Kreme gives a 50% discount on up to four dozen doughnuts to EMS responders who show up in uniform. That’s a great EMS discount for the whole team.
- Outback Steakhouse has a 10% discount off the entire check for first responders. Take the gang.
EMS Deals on Clothing
Homes and Housing Accessories
Homes for Heroes
Homes for Heroes provides Hero Rewards® savings to EMS professionals and first responders. We can help you if you are buying a home, selling your home, buying and selling your home, or refinancing your home.
Our services and benefits include:
- Connecting you to our local real estate and/or mortgage specialist in your area
- Recommending title companies and inspectors who also contribute to the process and savings provided
- Give you a reward check after working with our specialists to close on a house. The average amount received is $3,000 and you can use it for anything you need for your home; including furniture, appliances, security system, carpet, paint, or renovations.
Simply sign up now to talk to our local specialist about your plans. They would be honored to assist you. There is no obligation when you speak with them. And, if you choose to work with our local specialists, there are no fees and no extra work. It’s simply our way of saying thank you for all you do.
Good Neighbor Next Door
Good Neighbor Next Door is another housing discount program for EMS workers is the Good Neighbor Next Door Program from HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development). These homes are in revitalization areas that need economic and community support, but they do offer 50% off the cost of the home for eligible EMS workers and health care workers.
Housing Retail and Service Providers Offering EMS Discounts
Don’t forget to check out the Friends of Heroes local deals available through Homes for Heroes.
Cars and Automotive
Colleges and Universities with the Best EMS Discounts
- Amridge University offers reduced tuition to EMS workers and EMTs for their online learning. Reduced tuition rates are (note: the university also waives the $50 admissions fee):
- $250 per undergraduate credit hour
- $350 per graduate credit hour
- $450 per doctoral credit hour
- Faulkner University gives 25% off tuition on most of its degree programs. Both active and retired full-time EMS personnel are eligible. The university is located in Alabama.
- Grantham University has a Heroes Program for its online university. EMS workers and their families are eligible. The special tuition rate is $250 per credit hour for both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. There are also no fees for textbooks, software, and technology.
- Lee University offers an EMS discount for its online undergraduate programs. Active first-responders pay a discounted rate of $250 per credit hour.
- New York Institute of Technology provides a tuition discount of up to 50%, plus waived admission fees, for the children of EMS professionals.
- New York Medical College gives EMS personnel, EMTs and paramedics a tuition discount of 40% on the advanced certificate in emergency management.
- Northwestern College has a 15% tuition discount for active and retired EMS workers–any degree or any certificate program.
- Saint Francis University provides a 35% discount for active EMS workers (both volunteer and active firefighters). It includes all degrees in the Continuing Studies program, both in-person and online.
- Saint Louis University is an online-only university where active EMS personnel pay a reduced rate of $295 per credit hour (B.A. or certificate). This rate applies to full-time, part-time, and volunteer EMS crews.
- University of Antelope Valley gives a 20% tuition discount for EMS professionals. It includes full-time first responders, as well as retired first responders.
- University of New Haven has half-price tuition to active EMS personnel and other first responders. The university is campus-based and located in Connecticut.
Paramedic and EMT Discounts on Health and Fitness
Travel Deals and Discounts for Paramedics and EMTs
In terms of giving back to the EMS community, businesses are eager to do whatever they can for everyday heroes. You help so many people and sustain communities all over the country, and being able to say, “thank you EMS workers” is an honor for places that give EMS discounts.
Homes for Heroes Helps You Save on a Home and Mortgage
We at Home for Heroes want to express our thanks by helping first responders entering the housing market – for the first time or the 50th time. We can help you buy, sell, buy and sell, or refinance your house. Then we give you a Hero Rewards check after you close. The average amount received back is $3,000.
Simply sign up now to speak with one of our local specialists in your area. They would be honored to assist you in answering your questions, and whey you’re ready, assisting you with you through the home buying or selling process. There’s no obligation to speak with us, and no fees or extra paperwork to work with us and receive significant savings after closing. It’s our way to say thank you for your service.