These are the first cookies I remember watching my mom mix up when I was a kid. They were favorites of mine, and now my son loves them. They are the perfect combination of chewy and crispy; they’re great with chocolate chips, too.
1 cup cornflakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer for 3 minutes. Add oil, egg, and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, stir in oatmeal, cornflakes, and M&M’s.
5. Scoop dough onto cookie sheet with a cookie scoop, leaving 2 inches of space around each dough scoop. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
6. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Tip: These cookies freeze nicely, and they taste great right out of the freezer.