Vegan Potato Gratin
Your vegan friends will thank you for sharing this amazing potato gratin dish with them. Your non-vegan friends will love it too!
- Firstly, soak the cashews in boiling water for 1 hour, then add the almond milk and blitz to a smooth consistency. Add in the remaining sauce ingredients and blend again until smooth and creamy. Transfer the sauce into a large mixing bowl.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Then using a mandolin, or a very sharp knife, slice the potatoes evenly and place them in the bowl with the sauce. Mix well until the potatoes are well coated.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 7×10 inch deep sided baking dish.
- Arrange the potatoes tightly in the baking dish, then pour over the remaining sauce and tightly cover with kitchen foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for a further 45 minutes, until the top is crispy and the potatoes are cooked through. Test the potatoes by piercing them with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.