Sugar-free Christmas Cake
Seriously? Sugar-free? You heard that right. Not everything around the holidays has to put you in a coma.
- 1.4 lbs. dried fruits chopped (dates, raisins, apricots, figs)
- 1 orange peeled
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 ½ oz. coconut oil melted
- 3 ½ oz. whole meal spelt flour
- ½ cup almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Combine your choice of dried fruits in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile add the eggs, orange juice, vanilla extract and spices into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the dried fruit, add the melted coconut oil and mix well to combine. Now add in the flour and baking soda and mix again.
- Line a 7.5 inch baking tin with baking paper and spoon in the cake mix.
- Decorate the top with almonds and bake for 80 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven, place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.