If you love spinach, you are not going to want to miss this one! It’s high in protein and delivers BIG on flavor!
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 cups 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups 450g leaf spinach
- 4 eggs
- handful parsley chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Next, add the mushrooms and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Now start adding the spinach to the pan, you will likely have to do this in batches. Cover the pan with a lid and let it wilt, repeat this step until all the spinach is in the pan. Stir well and taste for seasoning.
- Make 4 indentations (‘wells’) in the spinach and break an egg in each. Cook for 5-6 mins covered with a lid until egg whites are set.
- Dress in fresh parsley and serve.