Spicy Roasted Carrots with Tahini Sauce
Give those boring carrots some extra ZING! You and your guests won’t regret it.
- 1.3 lbs. carrots peeled
- 2 tsp. harissa paste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 sprigs mint leaves only
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the carrots into quarters lengthways, leaving the green tips attached. Place the carrots separately onto a baking tray.
- Mix the harissa paste with the olive oil and brush over the carrots. Roast the carrots in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the lemon zest and juice with the tahini and honey to form a dressing. Add enough water to give the mixture the thickness of thin yogurt, starting with 1 tablespoon of water and adding a little more if necessary. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the carrots have roasted, transfer them into a serving dish and drizzle over the sesame and lemon dressing. Cut the mint leaves into thin strips and sprinkle over the carrots. Serve immediately.