This elegant side dish elevates basic green beans to a whole new level. This dish is great for entertaining because it looks and tastes like you spent a lot more time on it than you actually did.
Roasting the green beans assures they will be crisp tender and full of robust flavor. As an added bonus, the high-quality extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese greatly enhances the natural appeal of this classic side.
Oven-Roasted Parmesan Green Beans
- 1 Lb. Fresh Green Beans Washed, Trimmed, Patted Dry
- 3 Tbsp. High-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic Peeled and Finely Minced
- 1 Tbsp. High-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil To drizzle
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese Freshly Grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the green beans, garlic and olive oil together until completely coated. Then, spread the coated green beans on the lined pan in a single layer without crowding.
- Season with salt and pepper, then roast in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven once during this time to turn the beans so they cook evenly.
- When finished roasting, remove from oven and place beans on serving tray. Before serving, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.