Grilling is a great way to enhance the natural sweetness of a summer garden vegetable. For best results, cut each vegetable to a uniform thickness and angle your cuts to ensure the largest surface area possible. They make a great companion to any grilled main course!!
I also included a recipe for an herb butter that will REALLY set off the flavors well!
For these tasty vegetables, I HIGHLY recommend finishing them off with Hawaiian Black Lava Salt! It adds a unique flavor that can’t be found with sea or kosher salts. It’s not VITAL to the recipe, but it sure tastes amazing!!
Need more tips on grilling? Check out my review about Weber’s Way to Grill!
Grilled Summer Vegetable Medley
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter Room Temp
- 2 tsp. Dried Minced Onions Stems Removed
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 3 Small Yellow Squash Washed, Halved
- 3 Small Zucchini Washed, Halved
- 3 Non-stick Olive Oil Spray Cored, cut into equal-sized half pieces
- 1 Medium Sea Salt Cut into 1/2" half round sections
- 3 Tbsp. High-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Hawaiian Black Lava Salt
- Combine butter, thyme and salt into a small bowl. Combine thoroughly with a fork. When finished, transfer to a serving container.
- Prepare grill by brushing grates with a wire brush. Set heat to medium. When ready, temperature should be between 350-450 degrees.
- Brush both sides of each vegetable section with extra virgin olive oil and place on grill.
- Cook on medium, direct heat until vegetables are crisp tender. For zucchini and yellow squash, this should take about 5 minutes. Onion and bell pepper will take approximately 10-12 minutes, maybe slightly longer. Turn once while cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Add a pad of herb butter to the vegetables for an extra bit of flavor and a nice presentation. Finish with a sprinkle of Hawaiian Lava Salt.