Savory Butternut Squash “Noodles”
In most cases, pre-packaged “convenience” foods are a big no-no when trying to maintain a healthy diet. However, this recipe features one time-saving convenience item that won’t have a negative impact on your health! You can now find pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles” in most larger grocery stores and they are absolutely perfect for those nights when you need to get dinner on the table quickly.
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c. pre-packaged butternut squash “noodles”
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. fresh sage chopped
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Stir in chopped sage and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage butter mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.
Of course, if you have a vegetable spiralizer, you can always make your own butternut squash “noodles” in just a few minutes. Either way, you’re going to love this fast and delicious dish!