Let’s face it, carrots can be BORING! They are sweet and mix well with many dishes but from a flavor perspective, they can leave a little to be desired. Try these roasted curried carrots and bring this side dish to life!
Roasted Curried Carrots
- 2 lbs Fresh carrots peeled and cut diagonally
- 1 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Honey preferably local
- 1 Tbs Curry powder
- 10-12 fresh thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add carrots, olive oil, honey, curry powder, and fresh thyme to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss until well combined.
- Pour seasoned carrots on the prepared sheet pan and spread into a single layer without overcrowding. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning carrots once halfway through cooking. Carrots should be crisp tender and nicely browned when ready.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl or platter. Serve immediately with your choice of entrees. Enjoy!