This satisfying side dish goes beyond basic, boring Brussels sprouts with its rich oven-roasted flavor enhanced with just a hint of sweetness. The combination of sweet and savory elements in this dish makes it a perfect complement for a wide variety of main dishes, ranging from maple-grilled salmon to these yummy Maple Balsamic Pork Chops.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- 2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lbs Brussels sprouts small, rinsed, and cut in half
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbs REAL Maple Syrup
- Place oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts to skillet and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts begin to turn brown.
- Once browned, transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove sprouts from oven once they are tender and start to turn a rich brown color.
- While the sprouts are roasting, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to medium. Continue stirring until the vinegar mixture reduces to about 1/3 of its original volume and becomes thick and syrupy. (Do not overcook or it will become too hard and sticky).
- To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts to a plate and drizzle lightly with balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and enjoy immediately with Maple Balsamic Boneless Pork Chops or other entrée of your choice.