These delicious pineapple-stuffed avocados are perfect as a healthy lunch entrée or a light dinner – especially on those warm summer days when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen!
Pineapple-Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- 2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Oz Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice divided
- 2 Large Avocados
- 1 Cup Fresh pineapple diced
- 1 Tbs Fresh pineapple juice
- 1 Small Red Onion diced
- 3 Tbs Fresh Cilantro stems removed and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add to the hot skillet. Add ground cumin and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove seed and score the flesh in evenly spaced rows lengthwise and crosswise to create equal-sized chunks. Scoop avocado out of shell and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent browning. Reserve avocado shells and set aside.
- Add avocado, pineapple, pineapple juice, onion, and cilantro to a large non-reactive bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Remove chilled shrimp from the refrigerator and chop into equal-size chunks. Fold shrimp into avocado-pineapple mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into reserved avocado shells and serve immediately. Enjoy!