Parsnip Soup with Thyme and Pancetta
People will want to try this amazing soup out of sheer curiosity. Then, they will be coming back for more!
- 14 oz. parsnips
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 3 oz. pancetta
- 4 tbsp. oat cream
- Peel and cut the parsnips into small pieces. Chop the onion and finely slice the garlic. Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add the parsnip, half of the thyme leaves and the ground cumin, fry for another 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a dry frying pan and fry the pancetta until crispy, for approximately 5 minutes. Once ready, transfer the crispy pancetta onto a kitchen towel to drain off the fat, then crumble the pancetta as finely as possible.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree to a smooth consistency with the hand blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls and spoon 1 tablespoon of oat cream into each bowl creating a swirl in the middle. To serve, sprinkle with the pancetta crumbs and the remaining thyme leaves.