These quick-pickled jalapeno peppers and onions are delicious on top of your favorite Mexican or Tex Mex dishes. They can also be enjoyed on their own, or in wraps, salads, or anywhere you want a little extra spice. For a nice twist, try the pickling liquid in place of plain vinegar in homemade vinaigrettes and marinades.
Paleo Pickled Jalapeno Peppers and Red Onion
- 3/4 Cup White vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbs Honey preferably local
- 3-4 Cloves Fresh garlic minced
- 1 Medium Red Onion sliced thin
- 5-6 Jalapeno Peppers sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- Combine vinegar, water, salt, honey, and minced garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine and heat until honey is thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the sliced onion and peppers in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour pickling solution over the contents of the jar to cover completely.
- Let sit, uncovered, for at least one hour at room temperature. Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.