Grilled Salmon Salad
This is not a typical boring salad! The flavors unite to create absolute thrill ride for your taste buds!
- 2 limes
- 2 red chilies thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt to taste
- pinch of coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ lbs. salmon fillet 4 fillets
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs chopped (coriander, mint and basil)
- 8 radishes sliced
- 8 baby cucumbers sliced
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- To make the dressing, squeeze the juice of 1 lime into a small bowl. Add the sliced chili, half the red onion, fish sauce and a pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Brush the salmon with the olive oil and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Half the other lime and also place it in the tray. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- Once cooked, allow the salmon to cool slightly then break it up into chunks.
- Divide the salad leaves, the remaining ½ onion, fresh herbs, radishes and cucumbers, between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing. Squeeze the juice from the baked lime over the salad and toss together adding a little more salt to taste.
- Top the salad with the salmon chunks and serve immediately.