Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
For the Salad:
- 7 oz. 200g chicken breast
- 4 slices pineapple canned
- 2 handfuls salad leaves
- 1/3 cup 10g mint leaves
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp. honey
- Tabasco optional
- Mix the ingredients of the dressing in a salad bowl, season with salt.
- Add in the spinach and mint leaves and let it rest.
- In the meantime, cut the chicken breasts in half, horizontally (you will end up with 4 chicken fillets), place on a hot grill pan, and cover each chicken breast with a slice of pineapple, season with black pepper.
- Grill for around 6-8 minutes, then turn and grill for another 5 minutes (at this stage remove the pineapple and let it grill next to the chicken).
- Remove from the heat and let the chicken rest 3 minutes, then, cut it into strips.
- Add the chicken to the salad together with sliced pineapple and finely chopped onion, mix before serving.
Vegetarian option: replace the grilled chicken with fried or baked tofu or feta cheese.