Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta Cheese
This versatile salad combines garden fresh herbs and veggies with the delicious salty flavor of Feta cheese. As an added bonus, it takes less than 20 minutes to put together and can be enjoyed either warm or cold.
Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes & Feta
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Green Beans tips removed and cuthalf
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes washed and cut in half
- 1 TBS Fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 TBS Fresh parsley leaves finely chopped
- 3 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- Over high heat, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until crisp tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Drain the green beans and then transfer to a large bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
- Remove green beans from the ice bath and pat dry before adding to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar to the bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently fold in crumbled Feta cheese and serve immediately. Salad can also be chilled and served cold.