One thing people miss when eating gluten-free is pizza. But, with all the gluten free flour mixes available today, there is no real reason to do without. Try this, and get creative to make your own.
A pizza crust has a 5 to 3 flour to liquid ratio. If you keep that the same you’ll turn out great dough regardless of the type of flour you choose.
Gluten-free Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-free Flour
- 1 Tbs Dried Tarragon
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 Packet Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Using a stand mixer with a dough hook, mix all the dry ingredients together until fully blended.
- Beat until all the way mixed, and then cover the bowl with saran wrap for 30 minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and beat with the dough hook.
- In a separate bowl add the oil, warm water, sugar, and yeast, allow to bubble a bit.
- Spread dough with greased hands on prepared pizza pan. Let sit for 15 minutes and then bake at 475 for 8 to 10 minutes. Top with whatever ingredients you want, then bake again until bubbly another 8 to 10 minutes.