Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Yogurt Dip
The standout “star” in this flavorful fruit salad is the addition of Cotton Candy® grapes. This newer, super sweet variety delivers a very distinctive flavor worthy of its memory-invoking name. For the best presentation, do not add the strawberries to the salad until right before serving. Otherwise, the lighter-colored fruits will absorb their bright red color. To prevent browning, slice and add kiwi to the bowl right before serving, as well.
- 1 c. plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 T. honey
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. seedless green grapes * washed and halved
- 1 c. fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 1 large ripe mango peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ c. fresh pineapple juice
- Zest of 1 organic lime**
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 T. honey Optional
- 1 c. fresh strawberries hulled and cut into chunks
- 2 large fresh kiwi peeled, halved, and sliced
- Prepare yogurt dip by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble fruit salad, combine prepared grapes, pineapple, and mango in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add pineapple juice, lime zest and juice, and mint to bowl and toss to combine.
- For additional sweetness, drizzle mixture with honey and gently stir to combine, if desired.
- Chill fruit mixture in refrigerator for at least one hour. Place prepared strawberries in a separate container to chill at the same time.
- Once chilled, remove fruit salad and strawberries from refrigerator and add strawberries and freshly sliced kiwi to the bowl. Gently stir to combine and serve immediately with honey-yogurt dip.
Note: Cotton Candy® grapes are not a genetically modified food. Instead, their wonderful taste is the result of selective natural cross-breeding practices conducted over many years.