Cherry Pie With Crumb Topping is such an easy pie recipe for any time of the year. Frozen tart cherries are the star of this cherry pie crowned with a wonderfully crisp buttery crumb topping. Bring on the vanilla bean ice cream!
If you love pie as much as I do (I’ll choose pie over cake any day!), you’ll want to try the popular Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie, Easy Pumpkin Pie, Blueberry Galette, and everyone’s favorite….. Peach Cobbler.
Be sure to sign up for my email… to get new recipes and ideas in your inbox!
Why You’ll Love This Crumble-Topped Cherry Pie Recipe With Tart Cherries
There’s no doubt about it; cherry crumb pie using frozen tart cherries is a timeless treat reminiscent of country fairs and blue ribbons! Sour cherries fuse with vanilla and almond notes for a classic tart-sweet filling nestled in a flakey crust. But it doesn’t stop there! The crunchy golden crumb topping complemented with nutty oats and cinnamon is the perfect sweet contrast to tart cherries.
Here are some other great reasons to love cherry pie with crumb topping:
- Sweet, crunchy golden crumb topping makes a delicious contrast and texture to luscious tart cherry pie filling.
- Store-bought pie crust is an easy time-saver.
- Frozen or canned sour cherries, work great in this pie recipe!
- No top pie crust is needed thanks to the easy crumb topping.
- Cherry crumb pie with tart cherries will bring you back to when life seemed less complicated, and nobody’s cherry pie was as good as grandma’s.
- Using frozen tart cherries gives you all the nutrients of the fresh-picked fruit.