This super easy low-carb dish is a great way to savor the delicious, natural flavors of fresh cucumber, basil, garlic, and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy this dish on its own, or top with your favorite lean protein, such as grilled chicken or steamed fish, for a more satisfying meal.
You will need your Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Spiral Slicer to make the noodles.
You can even make your own fresh pesto for this recipe!
Cucumber Noodles with Fresh Pesto
- 4 Large Cucumber Firm, peeled
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Pesto
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Prepare fresh basil pesto per instructions (see link above).
- Using a spiral slicer, cut cucumbers into thick, long noodles. (If using the Paderno Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer, use the medium “chipper” blade to create slightly thicker strands).
- Cut the noodles with kitchen scissors once they reach 10-12” long. Place cut noodles on paper or clean kitchen towels and gently blot to absorb excess moisture.
- Place cucumber noodles in a medium, non-reactive bowl and top with fresh pesto. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.