This recipe was prepared with this cast iron 2-sided grill: https://amzn.to/3kAjrOj. Any large, well-seasoned cast iron skillet could also be used for this recipe, however.
Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh Berries
Why not elevate breakfast with these amazing cast iron pancakes?
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened, cut into cubes
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbs High-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries Sliced
- 2 Tbs Powdered Monk Fruit Optional
- Pure Maple Syrup to Serve
- Add cream cheese, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a high-powered blender. Cover and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ½ tablespoon olive oil to griddle and spread around with a rubber spatula.
- Pour 3 small pancakes onto the griddle (approximately 2-3 tablespoons each), leaving enough space in between so they don’t run together. Cook until the edges just begin to turn brown and the pancakes are set, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip each pancake and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or just until golden brown on the bottom. Transfer cooked pancakes to a platter and keep warm. Repeat this process with remaining olive oil until all batter is cooked.
- To serve, divide the pancakes among individual serving plates and top with fresh berries, a sprinkle of powdered monk fruit, if desired, and some real maple syrup. Enjoy!
Tip: The batter for this recipe is relatively thin, so you may find smaller pancakes easier to flip.