This delicious, light soup delivers the classic flavors of Chicken Marsala in a bowl. The earthy combination of fresh mushrooms, green onion, and Marsala wine make for a winning combination that is light enough for warm summer day, yet rich enough for a cool fall evening. Thanks to the addition of pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, you can have this homemade dish on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Chicken Marsala Soup
- 3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz White mushrooms sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 Green onions ends removed and chopped thin, white and green parts separated
- 2/3 Cup Dry Marsala wine
- 6 Cup Chicken stock preferably organic
- 3 Cup Rotisserie chicken shredded
- Heat a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and mushrooms and cook, while stirring occasionally, until mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add white parts of onion to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Increase heat to high and add the Marsala wine. Cook until wine has reduced to 1/3 of its volume, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to just below medium. Simmer until heated through, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into individual soup bowls. Garnish with green parts of onion and serve immediately.