Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
Look out! This casserole could potentially be addictive. It’s super tasty and will quickly be a new favorite!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast chopped
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the quinoa into a casserole dish and top it with the onion and bell peppers. Next add the chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, garlic, tamari, ginger, and 1 cup of water. Pour the sauce over the chicken and quinoa.
- Place the casserole dish into the oven, cover and bake for about 45 minutes. Add the cashews and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Once ready, let everything sit for 5 minutes before serving.