Beef Carpaccio with Fresh Salad
You will be the envy of the neighborhood with this recipe! It’s much easier than it looks and tastes amazing!
- 8 oz. beef tenderloin fillet
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ lemon zest & juice
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 2 oz. mixed salad leaves
- handful basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Wrap the beef tenderloin tightly in cling film and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. The meat should not freeze, but it will become firm, you will then be able cut it easily into wafer thin slices.
- Create a dressing by mixing the mayonnaise with the lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once ready to serve, remove the beef tenderloin from the fridge and cut into thin slices with a sharp knife. Divide the beef between the 4 plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing and scatter over the parmesan cheese. Top each plate with salad leaves and basil, and finally sprinkle over the roasted pine nuts.