Baked Cod with Romesco Salad
You’ve never had fish like this before! Give it a try and see what you think.
- 1 large tomato diced
- 6 oz. roasted peppers drained, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 oz. bread chopped
- ¼ cup almonds chopped
- 24 oz. cod fillets skinless (4 fillets)
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the tomato, peppers, garlic, paprika and red wine vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then set aside.
- Place a small frying pan on the hob over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bread and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until toasted. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel and add the almonds and roast over a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer onto the plate with the bread and set aside to cool.
- Place the cod in a baking dish and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Now add the toasted bread, almonds and parsley to the bowl with the tomato mixture and mix well. Spoon over the cooked fish, and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.