Almond and Clementine Bundt Cake
This citrus infused cake is moist, flavorful, and will soon become a holiday classic!
- 4 clementines
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 ⅔ cups ground almonds
- 1 heaped tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- In a saucepan, cover the clementines with water and bring them to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for two hours.
- Drain the clementines and set aside to cool. Once they are cool, cut them open and remove any seeds. Place in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a silicon Bundt tin (or a 8 inch diameter round cake tin).
- Add in the eggs, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt to the food processor and blitz with the clementine puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Check the color of the cake as it bakes and cover it with kitchen foil if it starts browning before it is cooked through.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place the tin on a wire cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before turning it out onto the wire rack to cool completely before serving.